- of venison, minced 100 Grams
- of onions, finely diced 15 Grams
- of garlic, finely diced 2.5 Grams
- of breadcrumbs 7.5 Grams
- of meat seasoning 5 Grams
- bay leaf 0.25
- Black peppercorns 1
- Juniper berries 0.75
- of dried porcini mushrooms 1.25 Grams
- of red wine 10 Grams
- sprigs of thyme (leaves stripped) 0.5
- Rosemary needles, finely chopped
Grind the bay leaf, peppercorns, juniper berries and porcini mushrooms finely in a mortar. Mix the meat, onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, meat seasoning and crushed spices, process in a meat grinder (3 mm perforated disc). Mix the red wine with herbs and work into the meat to create a compact lump of meat. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours to allow the aroma to develop. Divide the meat into equal portions of about 40 grams and make 12 burgers. Keep covered (do not place on the grill when very cold).
Preheat a cast iron griddle plate for 5 minutes over medium heat. Grill the wild game burgers on both sides for about 4 minutes until they have a core temperature of 64°C, then let them rest for 3 minutes until they have a maximum core temperature of 68°C.
5 minutes on medium level with lid closed.